Friday, April 1, 2011

A few great waste-reducing tips from my friend Dannan.

A friend that works in Beijing for a carbon marketing company called Climate Action, recently sent me some of her personal favorite waste-reducing tips...


 "I started using olive oil and baking soda for most of my toiletry needs. Olive oil has become my face wash and moisturiser (I used to have oily skin and now it's completely self-regulating!) and baking soda as shampoo (twice a week -- shampoo inbetween -- gets rid of all the build up incredibly well), as body wash (great exfoliant) and as toothpaste (there's enough fluoride in the water).  Minimizing the number of bottles and task specific products I have has become a hobby!"


She also sent me this link for making your own non-toxic cleaning products:


Non-toxic Home Cleaning & Care - Eartheasy.com Solutions for Sustainable Living


Thanks Dannan!

No comments:

Post a Comment