Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Festival of Opera & Art...this weekend!

I will have a table at the Festival of Opera & Art this coming Sunday, April 10, 2011 from 12:30pm-4:30pm at the Civic Center Park Amphitheatre in Palm Desert.  Please click on link below for more details:

http://www.operaarts.org/festival.html

FACEBOOK EVENT LINK: www.facebook.com/festival of opera and art event

I will be making plant prints from some of my favorite plants from  the garden.  Please join me in making plant prints.  I will have fabric available but you can also bring a plain, light-colored shirt of yours or any other clothing that you would like to spruce up.  I would like to promote the concept of 'upcycling' at the event so pull out that old shirt and make it more beautiful with a plant print.


UPCYCLING: the practice of taking something that is disposable or downcycled and transforming it into something of greater use and value.  This process allows for the reduction of waster and virgin material use.

No comments:

Post a Comment