Thursday, February 18, 2010

IRIS WOKE UP!



Our tortoise and namesake of my company, Iris, came out of hibernation yesterday! I think the warm weather this week and the presence of my niece Maya did it. She has a special affinity towards Maya; Iris would nap next to Maya under our mesquite tree when Maya was 2 years old. So Elle, Maya and I gave her a day to adjust to being out of her den and had a picnic with her today...pizza and a big juicy apple for Iris (she is behind Maya in the blue pants). I'm so happy to see that she is alive and well; she is after all my living reminder to SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! I love your blog and today have officially become a follower! Yay for Iris waking up and for your picnic in her honor. I'm also loving the happy power dresses. Great job, Leslie! xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm so happy to see bright smiles and iris popping out, who i looked for but did not see her this weekend..
    see you soon, missing maya and elle and you leslie!

    ReplyDelete