Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tommy Bahama's joins the Tea With Iris Composting Program.

Yesterday I met with Tommy Bahama's restaurant on El Paseo in Palm Desert, California to start composting their kitchen waste as part of my Tea With Iris Composting Program.  It is only a couple of blocks from my house so it is a perfect addition to my composting pickup route.  The managers, chef and kitchen staff were all very receptive and enthusiastic about starting the program.  I dropped off a 5 gallon container with lid to start them out with collecting their vegetable waste.  "We are excited to start this new endeavor with Tea With Iris" said manager Waleska Coffman.
The chef just called me an hour ago to pick up the bucket and requested 2 more 5-gallon buckets.  It's great how easy it was to start out with such a large restaurant; it just proves to me that my small business of one can make a difference in reducing waste locally.


Here is an article from Palm Desert Patch on my composting program.

2 comments:

  1. This is great Leslie!!! One of these days we need a tutorial over here. We have a little compost bucket started, but don't really know what we're doing! Congrats, and thank you for all of your great work.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie. Compost is just nature at work, I'm still learning how to do it right. But the best thing we have going for us is the desert heat to speed up the process. You just don't want you pile to be to dry. We are do for another garden date so the kids and play and we can chat more:).

    ReplyDelete