Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reusable coffee filters...duh!

This afternoon I rode my bike to deliver a bag of greens to my friend that just had a baby.  I mentioned to her that my daughter had used all of our coffee filters yesterday to make pretend cookies for me which was really cute to find in the bread box but not so cute this morning when I had to try and reshape the last filter  to make it usable.  My friend gave me her extra reusable coffee filter that she had in the cabinet.  I can't believe I never thought of buying one before.  I always just dump our used coffee filters  in the compost pile guilt-free of the paper consumed for the filter because I know it will decompose, but now I can take the trees needed to make the filters out of our waste cycle completely...thanks Mary for making me even more waste-free in my daily routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment