Tuesday, March 30, 2010

blooming chamomile and green beans!

We spent most of the morning today in our garden; it was in need of some love since I've been at my sewing machine lately and really only out in the garden to water. I was happy to find that our chamomile plant is blooming and our green beans are ready to start picking! There's nothing better than eating fresh green beans right off the plant. These plants are very hard to hurt, since they can thrive in almost any garden soil. And they are a good source of Vitamin A, calcium and iron. I wish I would've planted more chamomile; my inspiration came from an organic farm my sister and I took our kids to in Carmel Valley. They had a large chamomile garden that you walk through barefoot. It was one of the best days hanging out in that farm with the girls.
For any of my local friends and neighbors...I dare you to come by our house and pick some of our vegetables! Elle and I are out there every morning or just call me. It's one of the nicest parts about having a garden...sharing! We have an abundance of kale, spinach, lettuce, nopales and cauliflower right now. Someone just dropped off a huge bucket of oranges to us yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out who it was. I love gifts of fresh produce, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment