Friday, January 29, 2010

COMPOST!

Today, my daughter and I emptied one of the compost bins to fill the rest of our planter boxes. It’s so exciting to see nature at it’s finest! All those microbes did their job and there was no need to make a soil run at Home Depot.
I would like to thank the Bowie's horses for speeding up the process with their manure.
Here's a few things that you can add to your pile that actually break down:
1. dryer lint
2. hair
3. tea bags
So remember me the next time you get your haircut- bag it and leave it at my gate; I'll turn it into soil!

2 comments:

  1. My girlfriend Chelsey is a stylist, I'll have her save hair for you! HAs my mom given you that fabric yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I think your mom is coming by on Sunday so I'll ask her where she's hiding all that fabric! Thanks for posting the first comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete